I have a student from another country in my class who is struggling. Where can I turn?

Some students may be seeking a degree here, and some may only be visiting a semester. It is important that our students feel at home. If one of your international students needs help, your Department Chair can often assist you. Another resource is www.csuchico.edu/international/, an on-campus group of individuals who help facilitate the transition of our international students. Another idea is to find an instructor in one of the language departments to help you, if a language barrier is obvious. Although you may have other students able to speak the language the student speaks, this is not always the case; in that event finding someone with whom the student can comfortably speak in his or her first language is important if you can possibly do that.